ASHP has recognized 12 student pharmacists for their achievements in campus and pharmacy practice leadership with the ASHP Student Leadership Award.
Sponsored by ASHP and the ASHP Research and Education Foundation, the award honors student members in their second through fourth professional years of pharmacy school. The student pharmacists are recognized for their academic achievements as well as professional work experience, internships, research, poster presentations, demonstrated active involvement and leadership in ASHP, and professional organizational leadership at the state and local levels. The award winners receive a plaque, an ASHP drug information reference library, and a $2,000 cash award.
The 2018 winners are as follows:
CLASS OF 2018
- Hayley Brazeale, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy, Abilene, TX
- Kaitlyn Kowalski, Medical University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy, Charleston, SC
- Elizabeth Kramer, Ohio Northern University College of Pharmacy, Ada, OH
- Ashley Lorenz, University of Iowa College of Pharmacy, Iowa City, IA
- William Justin Moore, University of Georgia College of Pharmacy, Athens, GA
- Allyssa Webb, University of Florida College of Pharmacy, St. Petersburg, FL
CLASS OF 2019
- Austin Green, University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, Austin, TX
- Jordan Mendkoff, University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy, Minneapolis, MN
- Laura Roccograndi, University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, Austin, TX
- Andrew Webb, University of Rhode Island College of Pharmacy, Kingston, RI
CLASS OF 2020
- Jennifer Philippon, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy, Columbus, OH
- Jenna Summerlin, Union University College of Pharmacy, Jackson, TN
ASHP represents pharmacists who serve as patient care providers in acute and ambulatory settings. The organization’s more than 45,000 members include pharmacists, student pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians. For more than 75 years, ASHP has been at the forefront of efforts to improve medication use and enhance patient safety. For more information about the wide array of ASHP activities and the many ways in which pharmacists advance healthcare, visit ASHP’s website, www.ashp.org, or its consumer website, www.SafeMedication.com.
About the ASHP Foundation
The ASHP Foundation (www.ashpfoundation.org) was established in 1968 by ASHP (www.ashp.org) as a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization. As the philanthropic arm of ASHP, our vision is that patient outcomes improve because of the leadership and clinical skills of pharmacists, as vital members of the healthcare team, accountable for safe and effective medication use. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of patients in health systems through appropriate, safe, and effective medication use.