The ASHP Committee on Nominations met on April 24 and approved the following ASHP members as candidates for ASHP elected offices:President-Elect
- Lea S. Eiland, Pharm.D., BCPPS, BCPS, FASHP, FPPAG, Clinical Professor and Associate Department Head, Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn, AL
- Thomas J. Johnson, Pharm.D., M.B.A., BCCCP, BCPS, FASHP, FCCM, Assistant Vice President — Hospital Pharmacy, Avera Health, Sioux Falls, SD
- Leigh A. Briscoe-Dwyer, Pharm.D., B.S.Pharm., BCPS, FASHP, Vice President Network Pharmacy, Westchester Medical Center Health Network, Valhalla, NY
- Dan D. Degnan, Pharm.D., M.S., CPPS, FASHP, Associate Director of the Professional Program Laboratory, Purdue University College of Pharmacy, West Lafayette, IN
- Rafael Saenz, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP, Administrator, Pharmacy Services, University of Virginia Health System, Assistant Dean, Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Pharmacy – UVA Division, Charlottesville, VA
- Jamie S. Sinclair, B.S.Pharm., M.S., R.Ph., FASHP, Director, Pharmacy Services, Mercy Medical Center, Cedar Rapids, IA
The Committee on Nomination’s report is presented to the House of Delegates during its first meeting on June 9 at the Summer Meetings in Boston.
In addition, the Board of Directors met on April 11 and approved the following candidates for Treasurer:
- Roger W. Anderson, M.S., B.S., Dr.P.H., FASHP, Retired, McKinney, TX
- Christene M. Jolowsky, M.S., R.Ph., FASHP, System Pharmacy Director, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN
Candidates for Treasurer will also be presented to the House of Delegates in June.
A podcast of the “Meet the Candidates” session held at the Summer Meetings, featuring information about the candidates’ experience and qualifications will be available online in the “About ASHP” section of ashp.org.
Online voting will begin on July 1.
Guidelines and an FAQ describing the types of appropriate election communications for candidates as well as individuals, organizations, or other entities acting on behalf of nominees and candidates are available on ASHP’s website.