Today, representative organizations of America’s pharmaceutical supply and payment chain, including prescription and over-the-counter brand and generic manufacturers; pharmacies and pharmacists across all practice settings, including health systems and hospitals, community, specialty, and managed care; supermarkets; wholesalers; pharmaceutical quality standard developers; employers and other health plan sponsors; health insurance providers; and pharmacy benefit managers, released guiding principles for the safe efficacious development, distribution, and allocation of vaccine(s) to achieve mass immunization against the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The guiding principles represent the commitment of the private sector to the efficient, well-coordinated distribution, allocation, and mass immunization against COVID-19 as a necessary countermeasure to the current pandemic.
Click here to read: Guiding Principles for Safe and Efficacious COVID-19 Vaccine Development, Distribution, Allocation, and Mass Immunization.
The strong and ongoing collaboration demonstrated by the pharmaceutical supply and payment chain has been essential for a host of issues important to Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic. The coalition looks forward to continuing to work together in the best interest of the individuals and families that we serve.
For additional information and resources on the individual efforts of each of these organizations, please see the links below.
- Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (https://www.amcp.org/disease-state-resources/COVID-19-resources-managed-care-pharmacy)
- America’s Health Insurance Plans (https://www.ahip.org/issues/coronavirus-COVID-19/)
- American Pharmacists Association (http://www.pharmacist.com/coronavirus)
- ASHP – American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (https://www.ashp.org/COVID-19)
- Association for Accessible Medicines (https://accessiblemeds.org/COVID-19-FAQs)
- Biotechnology Innovation Organization (https://www.bio.org/policy/human-health/vaccines-biodefense/coronavirus)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (https://www.bcbs.com/coronavirus-updates)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce (https://www.uschamber.com/coronavirus)
- FMI – the Food Industry Association (https://www.fmi.org/coronavirus)Healthcare Distribution Alliance (https://www.hda.org/issues/COVID19-response)
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores, “Flu Shots, Regular Vaccine Schedules, Preparation for COVID-19 Vaccines” (https://www.nacds.org/COVID-19/)
- National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (https://naspnet.org/COVID-19-resources/)
- National Community Pharmacists Association, “Coronavirus Information” (https://ncpa.org/coronavirus-information)
- National Grocers Association (https://www.nationalgrocers.org/news/national-grocers-association-coronavirus/)
- Pharmaceutical Care Management Association(https://www.pcmanet.org/COVID-19-how-pbms-are-helping-patients-and-health-plans/)
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (https://phrma.org/coronavirus)
- U.S. Pharmacopeia (https://www.usp.org/COVID-19)
- Abigail Fredenburg, Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy ([email protected])
- Kristine Grow, America’s Health Insurance Plans ([email protected])
- Meredith Jannsen, American Pharmacists Association ([email protected])
- Amy Ruth Cole, ASHP – American Society of Health-System Pharmacists ([email protected])
- Rachel Schwartz, Association for Accessible Medicines ([email protected])
- Scott Frotman, Biotechnology Innovation Organization ([email protected])
- Tess Thomson, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association ([email protected])
- Kathleen Ward, U.S. Chamber of Commerce ([email protected])
- Heather Garlich, FMI – The Food Industry Association ([email protected])
- John Parker, Healthcare Distribution Alliance ([email protected])
- Chris Krese, National Association of Chain Drug Stores ([email protected])
- Sheila Arquette, National Association of Specialty Pharmacy ([email protected])
- Andrea Pivarunas, National Community Pharmacists Association ([email protected])
- Laura Strange, National Grocers Association ([email protected])
- Charles Coté, Pharmaceutical Care Management Association ([email protected])
- Nicole Longo, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America ([email protected])
- Anne Bell, U.S. Pharmacopeia ([email protected])