ASHP is pleased to announce our partnership with the American Medical Association (AMA) to launch a series of six Pharmacogenomics Virtual Summits focused on exploring the potential of pharmacogenomics-based selection, dosing, and monitoring of medications to improve health outcomes.
To further clinicians’ understanding of the applications of pharmacogenomics in patient care, ASHP and AMA are offering an open-access series of virtually convened and facilitated webinars with leading experts from pharmacy and medicine who will evaluate the evidence base, identify and promote current best practices and guidance on the clinical application of pharmacogenomics, and understand the health equity implications of adoption.
The summit series is part of the ASHP Innovation Center’s pharmacogenomics focus and ASHP’s broader personalized medicine efforts, which aim to optimize medication outcomes, including through the integration of pharmacogenomics into clinical decision support. Registration is now open for the series and includes:
- Summit 1: Pharmacogenomics Landscape (Feb. 9, 2021)
- Summit 2: Current State of Pharmacogenomics (Feb. 17, 2021)
- Summit 3: Integration into Practice (Feb. 24, 2021)
- Summit 4: Clinical Guidelines (March 2, 2021)
- Summit 5: Implementation (March 11, 2021)
- Summit 6: Future State and Driving Adoption (March 18, 2021)
The summit series will offer two hours of continuing education credit for each webinar, with a total of twelve hours of CPE credit to pharmacists or CME credit to physician attendees that complete all six events.