The leaders and members of the undersigned pharmacy organizations extend our deepest condolences to the families of Brian and Kelly Robinette, of Ellicott City, Md., and Rebecca Reynolds of Cumberland, Md. Police say Mr. Robinette, a community pharmacist, was killed by a sibling who was upset that Mr. Robinette was administering COVID-19 vaccines.
As the first line of care for millions of Americans, pharmacists have been under incredible pressure since the start of the pandemic. In an extremely polarized environment, they have heroically stepped forward to provide vital services – COVID-19 testing and vaccinations, regular immunizations, complex and chronic disease care, and much more. All of these efforts are important collaborative roles that pharmacists play as vital members of healthcare teams focused on protecting the public health of individuals and communities. As we begin American Pharmacists Month, we remind our fellow citizens that in this challenging time of uncertainty and fear, pharmacists have gone above and beyond the call of duty. We stand by them all.
- Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American College of Apothecaries
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Pharmacists Association
- American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists
- Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association
- Maryland Pharmacists Association
- National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
- National Community Pharmacists Association
- National Pharmaceutical Association
- Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists
- University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
ASHP is the collective voice of pharmacists who serve as patient care providers in hospitals, health systems, ambulatory clinics, and other healthcare settings spanning the full spectrum of medication use. The organization’s nearly 58,000 members include pharmacists, student pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians. For 79 years, ASHP has been at the forefront of efforts to improve medication use and enhance patient safety. For more information about the wide array of ASHP activities and the many ways in which pharmacists advance healthcare, visit ASHP’s website, ashp.org, or its consumer website, SafeMedication.com.